Computer Science & Engineering Department is started in the year 1999 to cater growing needs of industry for Computer & IT professionals. Initially the intake was 40, and in the academic year 2007-08 the intake is increased to 60. The total number of students passed out till now from the department is 237. There are 14 faculty members and 7 technical staff members working in the department. There are 6 laboratories in the department which are well equipped with 128 computers having latest configurations. All the laboratories of the department are well connected by high speed LAN. The department is having good number of licensed software’s like MSDN Academic Alliance which comprises of Microsoft Operating Systems, .Net, Visual Studio and various Microsoft Platforms etc. , Red Hat Linux, Anti-virus software and most of the ware open Source Software’s.
To contribute to the growth of technical education by providing competent technical man power with high ethical values.
The Computer Science and Engineering Department strives for excellence in creating, applying and imparting knowledge in computer science and engineering through comprehensive education programs, research in collaboration with industry and service to professional societies, the community, the state, and the nation.
1) The students should be able to apply the defining processes of computer science theory, abstraction, and design to solve a wide variety of problems.
2) The students must have a breadth of knowledge across the subject areas of computer science and have a high level of programming skills.
3) The student should understand the social context of computing, be able to make sound ethical decisions regarding the use of information technology and be able to correlate their professional goals with their personal commitments.
1) Achieve excellence in learning through continual improvement in both content and delivery of the academic programs.
2) Promote close interaction among industry, faculty and students to enrich the learning process and enhance career opportunities for students.
3) Develop state-of-the art laboratories and other infrastructural facilities to promote quality education and research services.
4) Strengthen the institute through network of alumni and optimize use of resources by leveraging interdepartmental capabilities.
5) Provide opportunities and ensure regular skill upgradation of faculty and staff through structured training programs.
6) The students should be able to expand their knowledge and skills in computer science through research and self-directed study and to communicate their knowledge in speaking and writing.